Pursuing What Matters
Ecclesiastes 2: 11 “Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.”
If we read this chapter carefully, we will see that Solomon tried to pursue eight goals. He tried everything under the sun that could satisfy him and he ended up saying that everything was meaningless. There are a few nuggets of truth we can learn from this chapter:
- Just as we learned yesterday and it’s good to be reminded again. Without God, nothing we do is meaningful. Only God can give us the purpose of our existence.
- Only a relationship with God can fill the vacuum inside our hearts.
- You can’t chase two rabbits at the same time. Both will escape. You must focus on one if you want to catch it.
- Don’t pursue too many things in too short a time!
- You cannot pursue the wrong goals to reach the right outcome. You cannot use the wrong means to reach the desired end.
- It does not matter how noble your end goal is, if the means to achieve it is wrong, it does not make the end goal noble at all.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!